Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sunday's are my Fave

So tonight we had 17 girls come to run and we were even missing about 5 that normally come!!!
3 were out sick: Ashley Carroll, Jackie Seay, and Brittney Little
GUESS WHO DID COME THOUGH??? The one who first showed me and Melissa the route...
EMILY STANDRIDGE!! 
Even though she's pregnant she's still got it
Im so proud of all the new girls that have stepped up and started running with us
Off the top of my head...

Sunnie Leigh
Haley Busbey 
Ami Knight
Haley White
Alicia Davis 
Payton Sims
Amy 
Ashley Langley
Keri Owen
Katie J

I'm sure their is more but its late and my brain is shut down...

I love how the Lord is constantly bringing more and more girls to come run!!
Its starting to cool off just a bit which makes it a little easier. 
I cannot wait until the Fall!!!

I was hanging out with Haley Busbey this weekend and she was cracking up telling me that there was a race coming up called the Butter Bean festival 5k run or something and their slogan was along the lines of...
Butter Bean runners NEVER run out of GAS!!! 
I bout died laughing
ONLY in ALABAMA

Last Thursday night something TERRIBLE happened to a our fellow runner LAUREN WALLS.
She's awesome let me just say! When she runs she gives it all she's got and encourages you to do the same. We all got there Thursday night and were ready to run and she was already there ready to go. She had already ran the loop once, but is so committed that she wanted to run it again! LOVE that attitude.
So our little army set out and lets just say that the cars were not so friendly that night. Pretty scary but not so smart of us to run in the dark on the road. Anyways, we top our first major hill and this car comes flying around the corner and apparently  L was trying to get out of their way and rolled her ankle and fell:( SO Sad.. I felt helpless. We prayed for it and were in hopes that she just rolled it, but the next day she went to the doctor and was told she had a sprain and was put in a boot.

Still believing for healing in that ankle! We need her back and runner and we MISS her and her encouragement!! I love you WALLS!!!


I have a confession to make.... 
I'M ADDICTED TO:
RUNNING, RUNNING CLOTHES, and MY GIRLS!!

P.S. Me Melissa and Carman are in training for our half marathon and we ran 6 miles tonight!! That was a first and it honestly felt GREAT (little sore though, not gunna lie)
8 more weeks to go

I'm being sincere when I tell you this...
If you ever think about it.. say a prayer for us during our training. 
Our race is October 4th and Satan is going to do everything in his power to keep us from achieving this dream/goal that we have and some days it will be hard and we will want to give up, so we will need all the prayers we can get!

I LOVE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU AND I'M SO PROUD! 
KEEP IT UP

No comments:

Post a Comment